Monday, June 17, 2013

ne me tuez pas


We arrived promptly at Nancy via Mamado. He carpooled us from Paris to Nancy and we were grateful.

Nancy is a little town just 4 hours away from Paris. It was like travelling between Singapore and Melaka. The view along the car ride was of nothing but green stretches of land and i fell asleep almost all the way there. I was tired but excitement of finally meeting Marillion, my second french host for this trip, after what feels like forever, was overpowering and when we arrived at Nancy, I was as hyper as a child loose on a bottle of cola.

It was the first official day of Summer and the light show was the first thing we went to watch. It was amazing. I can't imagine how much planning was put into it. I hear it's different every year and every year, 1000s of people from Nancy show up at the square in the middle of town to watch it.

No comments: