Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hong Kong

Hong Kong looked exactly how i envisioned it to be. Tall buildings. busy roads. 



they say in order to find yourself, sometimes you need to travel alone. however, i've also established the fact that i really hate travelling alone.

It's not that i'm afraid or anything; but the lack of company bores me and not everyone is as friendly as you think they should be. 

I checked into the pre booked hostel after searching for it up and down the street,had dinner, washed up and went to bed soon after. I was prepared to leave the place asap and make my way to Macau where i'd meet my friend there and begin my travels with a companion.


We decide to jump off the Macau tower. It wasn't on my bucket list. It was on hers but i did it anyway. Held my breathe and walked off the edge. Just like that. It wasn't that spectacular. There wasn't 100 people below me cheering me on. When it was over, the guys at the bottom unhooked the cords that held me in place and told me to wave at a blinking light.

I loved Macau. The history was rich and the old buildings were beautiful plus I've a soft spot for cobbled flooring.

The best part about travelling is it's locals.
We met some locals who cooked dinner for us on of the nights. We stayed and chatted through most of the night and probably left just before midnight not before making plans to meet the next day for lunch and the final farewell. 

Parting is always the most painful part of meeting someone new.

No comments: