Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I must be dreaming....



i stood in the crowded train in a daze. I didn't expect a seat because in the ungodly hour i choose to return home from work today, there's just too much of a crowd to expect one.

I held the hand grips just above my head and sulked a little. 

I was tired.
I was frustrated and
I was hungry.

I was just two stops away from home and so i bit my lower lip to stay awake and push through the horrid journey home. 

i closed my eyes and i swear i could feel myself floating. I opened them to the stranger, seated in front of me, smiling. 

This behaviour is never seen before in fast-paced Singapore. I was shocked. I was not sure how to react so i stared like a gawking idiot at him.Then, the most unbelievable thing happens. He stands up and offers me the seat.

Again, like a dumbfounded idiot, i stared back at him.

I forgot how to speak. I forgot how to be human.

All around me fell very silent suddenly as i forced out in a small voice,

" it's ok... i'm fine"

He doesn't reply but just smiles. He points at the seat again and stands next to me.

I sat down and closed my eyes and that 5mins rest on the train, was probably one of the nicest gift anyone could have given me.

No comments: